Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Novoic, a London-based digital biotech company, is seeking a full stack Software Engineer to help us turn our state-of-the-art research in speech analytics for predicting and understanding neurological disease into real-world products. Being part of a rapidly-scaling startup means you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of tasks, have a huge impact on the lives of patients, and move quickly into senior roles in the company.
As a full stack Software Engineer, you will work independently and in collaboration with the rest of our R&D team. We are looking for a driven engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit, experience making technical decisions, and the ability to move fast on multiple concurrent projects.
- Building and maintaining the frontend and backend our iOS app for securely/compliantly collecting voice data and displaying results
- Building and maintaining our internal and external APIs
- Staying up to date with and implementing the latest privacy, security and compliance policies relevant to our work in different geographies
- Taking ownership for the uptime and durability of your services
- Ensuring good project management for your work
- Maintaining a product development pipeline for quality assurance and minimizing technical debt
- A bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in industry as a Software Engineer or similar
- Strong familiarity with best practices across the product development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, code review, testing and operations
- Experience running jobs at scale, managing APIs and building web/app backends on AWS
- Experience with frontend and backend web development
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as an engineer in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience adhering to security and/or compliance standards
- Experience building and accessing SQL databases
- Experience with UI/UX
- Experience with host management, logging, serverless functions and asynchronous inter-service communication on AWS
- Experience working with medical/sensitive data
- Experience building the frontend and backend of iOS apps
Benefits & perks
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- 4 weeks’ holiday per annum
- Fast career progression through a rapidly-scaling startup
Novoic is a London-based digital biotech company predicting brain disease from the way you speak – decades before routine diagnosis. Our research lies at the intersection of computational linguistics, deep learning and neuroscience. We believe having your brain health checked should be as easy as having a conversation. Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds, including Oxford/Cambridge researchers, clinicians and the former CEO of a top-5 global pharmaceutical company. Novoic is backed by Entrepreneur First, the leading talent investor in Europe, and the Oxford University L.E.V8 accelerator.
To apply, send your CV and a link to your LinkedIn page to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.