Novoic, a London-based digital biotech company, is seeking a Research Intern to help us advance our state-of-the-art research in speech analytics for predicting and understanding neurological disease. Being part of a rapidly-scaling startup means you will have the work closely with our Research Scientists, contribute to cutting-edge research with access to proprietary data, have a huge impact on the lives of patients, and have exposure to various aspects of the company.
As a Research Intern, you will work both independently and in collaboration with the rest of our R&D team. We are looking for a driven scientist with an entrepreneurial spirit who will produce world-class research and help turn it into real products that benefit patients.
- Work closely with the R&D team to produce world-class medical research to predict and understand neurological disease from voice
- Collaborate with software engineers to help turn this research into real-world products
- Contribute to scientific posters and papers for conferences
- Currently pursuing or previously completed a PhD or master’s degree in Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Speech Processing, Signal Processing, Bioinformatics, Statistics or a similar technical field
- Familiarity with Python and a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow/Keras
- Experience with supervised, unsupervised or reinforcement learning techniques,
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as a researcher in a fast-paced environment
- Strong scientific communication skills, preferably evidenced by published academic research
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with data visualization techniques
- Experience with signal processing techniques
- Experience with hypothesis testing and study design
- Experience working with large datasets
Benefits & perks
- Opportunity to co-author published research
- Competitive compensation
- Fast-tracked application process for Research Scientist position
Novoic is a London-based digital biotech company predicting brain disease from the way you speak – decades before routine diagnosis. Our research lies at the intersection of computational linguistics, deep learning and neuroscience. We believe having your brain health checked should be as easy as having a conversation. Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds, including Oxford/Cambridge researchers, clinicians and the former CEO of a top-5 global pharmaceutical company. Novoic is backed by Entrepreneur First, the leading talent investor in Europe, and the Oxford University L.E.V8 accelerator
To apply, send your CV and a link to your LinkedIn page to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position in the subject line.