Novoic, a London-based digital biotech company, is seeking a Research Engineer to help us turn our state-of-the-art research in speech analytics for predicting and understanding neurological disease into real-world products. Being part of a rapidly-scaling startup means you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of tasks, have a huge impact on the lives of patients, and move quickly into senior roles in the company.
As a Research Engineer, you will work in collaboration with Research Scientists and the rest of our R&D team to publish and productise our research. We are looking for a driven researcher or engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep understanding of machine learning who will help us publish world-class deep learning research and turn it into real products that benefit patients.
- Produce cutting-edge deep learning research in collaboration with our Research Scientists for predicting and understanding neurological disease
- Write production-ready code for productising machine learning models
- Building and maintaining a framework for training, evaluating and using machine learning models for reproducibility, modularity and flexibility
- Facilitate the research of the R&D team through building tools and processes, such as infrastructure for model training/validation and databases/dashboards for keeping track of models
- Building product deployment pipelines for updating and validating ML models with new features and data, assuring quality and scientific validity
- Performing code reviews for technical papers
- Develop tools for visualizing and explaining model outputs
- A bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in academia (including PhDs) or industry as a researcher or engineer
- Familiarity with best practices across the product development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, code review, testing and operations
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as an engineer in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience adhering to security and/or compliance standards
- Experience running jobs at scale and managing APIs on AWS
- Experience productizing ML models on AWS using deep learning packages such as TensorFlow
Benefits & perks
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- 4 weeks’ holiday per annum
- Fast career progression through a rapidly-scaling startup
Novoic is a London-based digital biotech company predicting brain disease from the way you speak – decades before routine diagnosis. Our research lies at the intersection of computational linguistics, deep learning and neuroscience. We believe having your brain health checked should be as easy as having a conversation. Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds, including Oxford/Cambridge researchers, clinicians and the former CEO of a top-5 global pharmaceutical company. Novoic is backed by Entrepreneur First, the leading talent investor in Europe, and the Oxford University L.E.V8 accelerator.
To apply, send your CV and a link to your LinkedIn page to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.