Novoic, a London-based digital biotech company, is seeking a Research Scientist to help us advance our state-of-the-art research in speech analytics for predicting and understanding neurological disease. Being part of a rapidly-scaling startup means you will have the opportunity to be a leader in this young field, publish cutting-edge research with access to proprietary data, have a huge impact on the lives of patients, and move quickly into senior roles in the company.
As a Research Scientist, you will work both independently and in collaboration with software developers and the rest of our R&D team. We are looking for a driven scientist with an entrepreneurial spirit who will help us publish world-class deep learning research and turn it into real products that benefit patients.
- Produce world-class linguistic research to predict and understand neurological disease from voice using deep learning
- Collaborate with software engineers to help turn this research into real-world products
- Help draft patent applications based on your research
- Stay at the bleeding edge of computational linguistics, natural language processing, speech processing and machine learning
- Collaborate with senior management to inform research directions
- Write/present posters and papers at global conferences
- PhD or 3+ years of experience as a researcher in commercial or academic environments
- PhD or master’s degree in Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Speech Processing, Signal Processing, Bioinformatics, Statistics or a related technical field
- Familiarity with Python and a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow/Keras
- Experience using supervised, unsupervised or reinforcement learning techniques
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as a researcher in a fast-paced environment
- Strong scientific communication skills, evidenced by published academic research
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Benefits & perks
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- 4 weeks’ holiday per annum
- Fast career progression in a rapidly-scaling startup
- Opportunity to publish your research and attend global conferences
Novoic is a London-based digital biotech company predicting brain disease from the way you speak – decades before routine diagnosis. Our research lies at the intersection of computational linguistics, deep learning and neuroscience. We believe having your brain health checked should be as easy as having a conversation. Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds, including Oxford/Cambridge researchers, clinicians and the former CEO of a top-5 global pharmaceutical company. Novoic is backed by Entrepreneur First, the leading talent investor in Europe, and the Oxford University L.E.V8 accelerator.
To apply, send your CV and a link to your LinkedIn page to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.